Thursday, June 11, 2015

Spiced Chai Tea Recipe

Not much of a tea drinker.  Therefore, I don't make tea very often, but it has been so hot and an iced tea sounded really refreshing.  I don't have one of those sun tea type containers, so I got out my saucepan and green tea packets and began to make tea.  I stirred in honey for a touch of sweetness and then a light bulb moment.  What if I added JAVA Spice?  So, I did.  AND I'm so glad I did.

You see, I love iced chai tea.  Love it!  Used to drink iced chai in between my coffees when I worked at Sfuzzi (Italian Restaurant) in Las Vegas during the very hot winter months.  It soon became an addictive habit.  Coffee in the morning.  Chai in the afternoon.  The caffeine carried me through the day and late night closings.

With key notes of clove, cinnamon and star anise and more, the JAVA Spice adds a chai quality to my very basic cheap green tea.  I bet if I added more Spice, the chai flavor would be deeper and richer.  I'm going to experiment with my tea this month and see what the flavors produce.  I added the Spice during the hot steeping stage.  After approximately five minutes of steeping and melting in the honey, I finished the tea with equal amounts of cold water.  Poured tea over ice for a tasty beverage.  Try it and let me know what you think.  I really do love when something in my pantry can be used to make so many different things with varying flavor levels.  Plus, the bonus, our JAVA Spice has Arabica coffee blended into the spice.  Win Win!

Jamie Knoll
JAVA & Co.
Small Batch Recipes
www.javaandco.com
JAVA Spice

No comments: