1) The production time for each batch is 4 to 5 hours, not including packaging and labeling.
2) Caramels take longer to produce in the warmer months - longer to cook and longer to cool.
3) Each batch is stirred entirely by hand for the duration of the cooking time.
4) Only one batch recipe can be made at any one time.
5) Each caramel is cut by hand - no machines.
6) No two caramel pieces are the same size.
7) Each individual piece of caramel is hand wrapped in a biodegradable clear 4 x 4 inch sheet.
8) JAVA & Co. makes caramels in four recipes.
- Original: Traditional caramel.
- Vanilla Chai: Made with real vanilla beans, fresh ground nutmeg and cinnamon.
- TiRUMisu: Made with dark Jamaican rum and dusted with unsweetened cocoa.
- Spicy Habanero: Made with habanero peppers locally sourced from an Illinois farm that raises all crops chemical and pesticide free and sells at the local farm markets.
10) Due to their popularity, they are available and made year round. Caramels are not just for fall anymore...gifts, Super Bowl parties, birthdays, office parties, caramel popcorn...
Stop by our website and check them out!
JAVA & Co.
Small Batch Recipes